It’s windy and cold. But it’s sunny, so I’m trying to de-funkify myself. I was going to write about how annoyingly STUCK I feel right now in terms of school, life, etc. But NO. Then I was zooming around Fitness Magazine’s website and I saw a list of fun fitness date ideas. And it got me thinking! Why don’t I create a list like that for me? I loved taking aerial yoga with a buddy. So why don’t I make a list where I could date myself, my friends, and I guess maybe Paul?
WHY NOT, MAN!? Basically, these are all activities I think would be super fun to accomplish as soon as it gets warm out. You can apply to be my date for a certain activity in the comments section.
1) Run! So I’m super pumped with where I am with my running. Still slowly banging out the miles, but I’m so positive and my knee is hanging in there too. And while Paul and I go out on runs together more often than not, he’s really the only person I’ve run with. I get SUPER self-conscious about my running because I work at a running store and I’m supposed to whip out 2 minute miles. But a few of my friends are doing Broad this year, and why SHOULDN’T I run with them? HUH!? TELL ME!
2) Rock Climbing. Okay, I am TOTALLY holding out for the Paulmeister on this one. I’ve been dropping hints left, right, up, down, diagonally, inside out, EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. I’ve rock climbed once and I really just want to go again. I’ve been looking at a gym in Philly (Go Vertical if any of ya’ll are in the area), but we also have one with rec access at school. So there’s really no excuse not to.
3) A Friend’s Favorite Class. Reading blogs is a tease, I have got to tell you. So many FitFluential people to tell you about their classes they attend or teach. I would absolutely LOVE to do something that somebody else loves. Expand my horizons and all that jazz, you know? And then after we can get brunch. Or dinner. I don’t discriminate.
4) Racquetball. So I’ve done this about a million times with my friends. But I really miss it and it’s so much fun. So it’s making the list because you should try it too! I would also like not sucking at tennis, but beggars can’t be choosers.
5) Football. Guys, I wish I could get across how much I LOVE playing football with my friends. Football or soccer I guess. Frisbee I suck at, so that’s not always a number one choice for me. I cannot wait until I can schedule a football day of playing and excitement.
6) Stand Up Paddle Boarding. Sarah, I TOLD YOU I wouldn’t let this go. This is a friend date to the extreme. And I cannot wait to try. Paul and I also want to learn how to surf via his cousin. I’m not going to say no to that!
7) Dancing. Okay, to be perfectly fair I have a dance date with 27 of the best people around every Monday and Wednesday. But, you know, Philadelphia is a great time to take advantage of studios around. And there are MORE THAN A FEW that offer pole dancing. I’m not getting nasty on you guys. But HOW FUN would it be to get with a bunch of your girls and take a class. SO FUN IS THE ANSWER.
8) Hitting the Trails. I’ve never been on a hike of any kind, unless you count Schnecksville’s hills as hiking. I would LOVE to put on some trail shoes and run/walk/dance up a trail. Bring some food perhaps. See some awesome sunsets. I would never say no to such a thing. This is one of those activities I keep coming back to but never find the right crowd to do it with.
9) Paintball. Sorry, Fitness, I’m stealing this one. None of you have had the pleasure of playing laser tag with me, but I assure you…I am a warrior. HOW AWESOME WOULD PAINTBALL BE!? I need a lot of friends. Or maybe just super dedicated ones?
10) Teach. Woo. We’re getting crazy here because this one would be hard to accomplish. But someday (maybe this summer!) I hope to get into some sort of group exercise teaching. And I would just jump at the chance to treat everybody in class as my best friend for the minute. Maybe that’s really annoying, but endorphins make me REALLY happy, people. I’m gonna love ya.
This post has made me infinitely more happy, so I encourage you to brainstorm your ideas. And then share them with me, because I’ll gladly steal them. But I’ll give you credit, I swear!
What fit date would you like to go on?